Friday, February 17, 2017

A Royal Birthday

Hello Everyone! Today I want to stop by and share with you a Royal Birthday Card that I created using an Adorable stamp from La La Land Crafts.


To create my card I used the following supplies: 



I just love this sweet Egyptian Princess, and even though she was meant to be a Halloween stamp I wanted to show you that she could be used for other occasions as well by just coloring her a different way. 

To make my card first I cut my base card layer in a ocean blue card stock. For my next layer I used a spellbinders die and cut the intricate frame in gold metallic card stock. I then used one of the smaller frames from that same die set and cut the next layer from a pattern paper I created using an image of papayrus scrolls.

Next I sized the sweet Marci Egyptian Princess to about 4" tall in Illustrator and then printed her off onto 110 lb. plain white card stock. That is one thing I really love about using digi stamps is the ability to size the image based on your intended use. I then colored the image in with the following Copic colors:

Skin: E11, E00, E000, R20, RV21
Hair: 100, C-7, C-5, C-3, C-1
Dress and shoes: YR04, Y17, Y06, Y00, B05, B12, B00

After I was done coloring her in, I then fussy cut her out and attached her to my card base with foam tape and glitter die cut wings placed behind her to give the illusion she has Isis wings. 

To create my flower embellishments I used the Water Lily Die and cut all the pieces 3 flower layers per flower from plain white 110 lb. card stock. I then used Distress Ink in Mustard Seed to blend into the center of the flowers with a foam blending brush. Next I used Distress Ink in Mermaid Lagoon to add the blue tint to the edges of the petals. I then just glued all the layers together and then added a rhinestone and glitter stamen to each flower in the center. 

I really hope that you enjoy my card and are inspired to try out your own creations with these Beautiful stamps!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! May I ask what printer you use, since it accepted 110lb paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I use a HP Envy 4500. I have no problems printing on cardstock with it. I hope that helps!

      Delete