Thursday, February 16, 2017

Treasure Troll Card

Today is Day 4 of our February Product Release over at Craftin Desert Diva's, and today I want to share with you a Treasure Troll Card that I made using our new Treasure Troll stamps, Mine digi stamp, and Gemstone papers.


Here are the products I used and the links to the items in the shop: 






To make my card first I printed out the pink tone of the gemstone papers (sized to standard 8.5" x 11") and the mine digi stamp (sized to 5" x 5") onto two different sheets of 110 plain white card stock. Next I used Copics to add color and shadows to the background digi stamp. I created both the digi stamp and the papers as CDD exclusives to coordinate perfectly with our Adorable new trolls. 

Next I used Prima Watercolors in Decadent Pies to add some contrasting watercolor washes over the background, and to add pops of color to make the gems look like they were lighting up the mine walls. I used wet into wet washes so that I didn't end up with any harsh lines. Once I was done with the background I set it aside to let it dry completely. 

While my background was drying I stamped the cute little trolls and gems from the Treasure Troll set onto plain white card stock and then colored the images in with Copics. I then used a white paint pen to add my highlights and fussy cut the images out. To finish I cut my bottom mat from the gemstone papers and distressed the edges. I then used the inside scalloped frame dies from Craftin Desert Diva's to cut my frame from gold glitter cardstock. I then layered the frame over my finished background and trimmed the background down to fit the frame. After that I attached all of the layers to my card base and then used foam tape to add the little trolls and gemstones to the front of my card. To finish I added just a few rhinestones for some extra sparkle and shine. I really hope that you are inspired by my card to try your own creations with these amazing stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment