Monday, February 8, 2016

My Bestie Mermaid Card

Hello Besties! Today I want to share with you my most recent  My Bestie Facebook New Release Design Team Project! I created this Beautiful Bestie Mermaid Shaped Card.


For my card I used a My Bestie Digital Stamp by Sherri Baldy called Lil Mermaid Image 025 that you can find here: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybestiesshop.com%2Fstore%2Fp3264%2FINSTANT_DOWNLOAD_Digital_Digi_Stamps_Big_Eye_Big_Head_Dolls_Digi_My_Besties%2522_Lil_Mermaid_Bestie_img025_By_Sherri_Baldy.html&h=BAQFLqell

To create my card first I printed out the My Bestie Digi onto plain 110 lb. white card stock. I then colored this sweet mermaid with Copics and Prismacolor Premier Pencils. Once I was done coloring her, I then fussy cut her out and inked the edges of the cut out.

For the card base I used an svg from Svg Cutting files called Clam Shell Shaped Card. I sized the card to fit my Bestie perfectly and then cut out the pattern pieces with my Explore. Next I inked and chalked all of the paper edges to add dimension and shape. I then took the shell pieces and embossed them with an Anna Griffith embossing folder in my Big Shot to add some extra interest and texture.

After that I assembled everything and attached it to my card base. To finish I added glitter enamel dots, rhinestones, and shell sequins for some extra glitter and embellishment! I hope that you enjoy my project, and I wish you all a Beautiful Day!
 -My Besties DT Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment