Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Turkey Thanksgiving Card

Hello Everyone! Today I want to share with you a Turkey Thanksgiving Card that I made!


To create my card I used one of the new Thanksgiving Digi Stamps from Craftin Desert Diva's. You can find this Adorable Turkey right here: http://craftindesertdivas.com/turkey-with-pie-digital-stamp/. I also used the Autumn Wishes stamp set also from Craftin Desert Diva's that you can find here: http://craftindesertdivas.com/autumn-wishes/.

First I created my mats and frames from basic shapes in Design Space. I then uploaded the Turkey Digi stamp and sized him to fit my card perfectly. Once I was happy with my design, I then cut out all of the card pieces with my Explore in plain and patterned card stock. I also used the print then cut feature for the Digi Stamp. This eliminated all of the fussy cutting that I would of had to do before.

Next I inked and chalked all of the paper edges to add dimension and shape. I then colored in the Turkey Digi Stamp with Prismacolor Premier Pencils. After that I used  two of the leaf stamps from the Autumn Wishes stamp set to create my background. To do this I stamped the images with an embossing ink pad. I then sprinkled Gold Embossing Powder over the embossing ink and used a heat gun to set it. After that I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in: Vintage Photo and Wild Honey to Distress the background on top of the leaves.

To finish I assembled everything and attached it to my card base. I then added sequins for some sparkle, and used a white paint pen to add highlights. Thank you so much for stopping by today!

2 comments: