Monday, June 29, 2015

Sweet Paradise Layout

Happy Monday everyone! Today I am excited to share a two page Sweet Paradise layout that I made! (created with a pattern from LSHD.)


To create this layout first I cut my mats, frames, background and borders from various tropical printed papers and solid card stock. I then attached these pieces to my layout in my desired positions. A little tip to get the perfect layout, is to sketch it out on paper before you start. I always start every card or layout I do with a preliminary sketch. This way I can make any adjustments I may need easily without wasting any paper.

 Once my desired layout and placement was finalized, I then cut out all of the pattern pieces with my Explore. Next I inked and chalked each little paper piece and glued them together. Here is a little tip for shading your paper pieces. To add extra dimension to a paper piece you can actually add more depth and details with your artist chalk. I did this very thing for the palm tree trunks and the girl's grass skirt. I felt that the cut out shapes were too flat, so by using #6 round watercolor brush and just a small amount of water combined with the chalk pigment, I was able to paint in all of the details. Lastly to complete my layout, I then attached all of my paper pieces, added highlights, and then glued some little sequin shells on the sand. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope that you enjoyed my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment