Thursday, June 11, 2015
Cherry Blossom Watercolor Tutorial Part 3
Hello again and welcome! Today is the final section of my three part watercolor tutorial. Here is what your finished painting should look like after completing the instructions for today.
LAYER THREE: ADDING DRAMA
5. With a #10 round brush paint Turquoise next to the stem and flower petals in the center of the picture.
6. Next clean the brush and swipe clear water next to the painted area, and allow the Turquoise to diffuse across the background. Keep repeating the swipes with clear water until the Turquoise fades to white at the edges of the paper.
7. While the background is still damp quickly swipe Opera Rose, New Gamboge, and Ultra Marine Blue accents and allow the paint to spread out and create movement.
8. Using the White Paint Pen draw in the highlights on the petals and filaments of the stamen.
9. Then using New Gamboge and Alizarin Crimson paint the details on the filaments of the stamen.
You now have a beautiful completed Cherry Blossom painting! Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you have painted along, I would love to see your finished piece. Please post your pictures in the comments section of this post. I hope you have a wonderful day!