Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Art Swap Projects

Hello Friends!
 Today I am sharing with you a couple of projects that I completed for a monthly Art Swap!

The first piece I created is a 5x7 postcard that I painted with Acrylic paint on a card stock background. I then finished the piece with a layer of Acrylic Gloss. The image of the Plumeria flower is from a photo that I took while in the Virgin Islands with my Husband. The theme for this particular Art Swap was positive affirmation. I chose the sentiment "live our dreams."


The second piece that I created is an intricately cut decorative banner. I used my Cricut Explore to cut out all the banner pieces. The 3 bright pink pieces were cut out of card stock, and the 2 remaining pieces were cut out of 140 lb. water color paper. On the two water color paper pieces I painted a Bearded Iris in Lucas water colors and then embellished them with 3-D floral elements from Cricut Design Space. Lastly to complete this project, I hand beaded and sequined each of the banner pieces.Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment