Thursday, June 18, 2015

4th of July Centerpiece

Happy Thursday! Today I wanted to share with you a super cute 4th of July centerpiece that I made. (created with a pattern from LSHD) 

To make this project first I spray painted a plain mason jar blue. Next I made a vinyl star stencil with my Cricut Explore. I then wrapped the star stencil around the dry blue mason jar and then spray painted the stars white. After that I removed the vinyl stencil giving me perfectly crisp white stars on a blue background. Next I added some ribbon around the jar and a wire spritz of tiny stars inside the jar. I really wanted to add some bigger stars for more impact, so I just sized the stars from the pattern and then made multiple cuts of them from glitter cardstock. I then glued all of the glitter stars at various positions among the wire spritz. Next I cut out all of the pieces for the little mice and Title. I then inked and chalked each paper piece. Lastly I assembled them and then glued them to the mason jar and top of the wire spritz. It really was super easy to make even though it looks very detailed! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment